Working with People
The most frustrating limitations placed upon you as an administrative professional have little to do with your technical abilities; rather the most trying aspects of your work often involves dealing with people. To be truly effective in working with others, you must perfect your ability to:
• Exert Influence in the absence of direct authority
• BEHAVIOURAL FLUENCY: Discover how this new breakthrough can vastly improve the quality of your communication in both your professional and your personal relationships
• Deal more successfully with di cult co-workers and others who create stress in your environment
• CREATING INFLUENCE: Getting greater results with people – when you are not in charge
• Become a true partner with your manager
• Analyze your emotional intelligence strengths and weaknesses and develop specific strategies for enhancing your emotional intelligence
• Identify your workplace’s emotional culture
• Discover your unique behavioural style
Success and satisfaction in your present and future responsibilities are dependent on a number of self- management skills. By improving your abilities at strategic execution – managing projects, priorities and deadlines, while deflecting job-related stress, improving your emotional intelligence and developing your memory and concentration, you will gain a deeper sense of accomplishment and fulfilment. At the 45th Annual Administrative Professionals Course: The Influential Assistant, you will learn how to:
• Manage multiple objectives, projects and conflicting priorities
• Learn to handle the three types of events that erode your effectiveness – the unimportant task, the unanticipated task and other people’s priorities
• Develop self-awareness – your style, strengths and weaknesses
• Identify and overcome irrational beliefs that might be holding you back
• Learn the five key influence strategies for turning resistance into agreement
• Receive numerous tips for successfully working with others as part of a team
• Build an administrative professionals team and elevate the value of your work
• Building your personal brand: Showcasing the best you!
• How to position yourself as an influential leader
• Get more people to like you!
• Achieve greater team synergy and effectiveness
• Win cooperation and trust, energizing juniors to excel
• Cope with different and sometimes difficult people
• Deal with interpersonal problems that threaten team cohesiveness
• Select motivators based on individual needs
• Understand the laws of influence – effectively persuading others
• Remarkably improve your ability to remember names and faces
• Learn how to deliver speeches and presentations without the need for notes
• Learn how to deliver speeches and presentations without the need for notes.
• Develop strategies for preventing, reducing, and managing stress
• Lose your fear of “Kineahora” and improve your self-esteem
• What we can learn from Adams, Monroe, Prinze and Prior
• Solve project issues quickly and come in on time – every time!
• Develop easy-to-implement proactive strategies to better predict, plan, and prepare for the future, and avoid the problems along the way
• Increase your long-term professional value with NEW skills, tools and strategies!!